?

Log in

Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 05:55 am Journey (again) and Arnel Pineda
Current Location: 92507
Sigh.

I rarely use this anymore, as my thoughts have turned SO black as to necessitate turning this into a journal of little but the suicidal musings of a failed life, but I'm here, because I have no other real place to express myself anymore so I'm gonna yell at the universe and Neil Schon for a moment.

Fuck Arnel Pineda

Yes, his range places him squarely in the upper echelons of American Idol winners. I'm not gonna dispute that issue. But here's the thing, my dear Valory, Schon and Cain. He can't fucking speak our language. He clips the syllables like every other Tagalog speaker does.

The guy has VERY impressive range. He's 95% of Steve Perry, no dispute, but that remaining 5% is make or break and the answer is BREAK, you bastards.

FIRSTLY, re-recording the quintessential Journey songs with HIS voice instead of Perry's was a purely Jr. High school move, fuck-you-very-much. You were trying to establish him as THE Journey voice which is a slap in the face of Perry/Journey fans everywhere. WHAT else would be the point in re-recording those tracks? Showing off modern digital tech? Neal got a wonderful new pedal that he just WISHED so desperately that he'd had back in 1978 and now wanted to place on exhibition to the entire world?? No. I'm sorry. NOT buying it.

YOU guys were sending a clear message to Perry that he was no longer needed EXCEPT you vile bastards, you forgot that the tiny tiny Filipino can't SPEAK OUR FUCKING LANGUAGE!!!!!!!

Get him a fucking SPEECH COACH!

He clips the final syllable off his words the way Tagalog speakers tend to do, and he GIVES AWAY THE PLOT that he's only 95% there.

Okay, Jesus. I'm about 40% there. Augeri was like 85% there. It's notable that this twerp is able to reproduce 95% of Perry. Seriously. It is.

... BUT THE FANS HEAR THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

Do not try to piss on us! I mean, your career is damn near over, it's true. You were rocking it with Carlos in the goddam stone age, and you frankly don't have another 30 years left in you. It's nearly time to close up shop. I UNDERSTAND! But I posted an open letter to all of you once begging you to bury the hatchet once and for all for ALTRUISTIC purposes AND the joy of raping my wallet and your response was a giant middle finger to Perry by dong that bullshit re-recording thing.

Fuck You.

A Lot.

You address those fans who think Arnel is "sufficient" and ya know, Jesus, he's good. But there's a difference, and ANYONE can tell. YOU CAN TELL. The fans can CERTAINLY tell. So what was the purpose other than burning bridges??

You know, your music means SO very, very much to people. It REALLY does. I mean authentically. It means more to me than most members of my family. It FORMED me. It's crucial. And... you're human, and given to making mistakes. This was a big one. (okay this has turned into a letter just to Neil Schon, I give up.) So here's the fan's prostration:

BEG Steve Perry to come back for one last tour. You guys are... Hell, I don't have the words. You're more important than the music should be, frankly. Just for the sake of all that is righteous and good in the world, stand on stage on last time, play the songs, capture it on DVD, wave to the crowd, smile like there's nothing more important in the world than this and make it FUCKING happen. You stand holding the most precious gift a musician has EVER held: the wishes and dreams of your fans.

When you were 16 years old holding that guitar and dreaming of what you could create with it, you couldn't have dreamed bigger than this. So do what it takes, make the dream real one. last. time.

We. Your fans. Have earned it.
About this Entry
Marvin
From:(Anonymous)
Date:January 27th, 2010 05:35 pm (UTC)

Fuck you bastard!

(Permanent Link)
Fuck you bastard!
[User Picture Icon]
From:last_plane_out
Date:April 14th, 2010 03:30 pm (UTC)

Re: Fuck you bastard!

(Permanent Link)
Heh.

I hope that was Neil, but it's probably some Filipino with no sense of objectivity.

No. Fuck YOU!